Friday, July 23, 2010

Tadaima!

Well, I made it home. After approximately 35 hours (according to my mom) in planes and airports I arrived home safely yesterday night, or well, I guess midnight means it was this morning.
Being at home seems so very, familiar. I thought when I returned everything would seem different but rather, it is Japan itself that seems different to me now. Being home, I feel almost like my 3 months in the land of the rising sun was just a dream. A marvelous, difficult, beautiful dream. One thing makes this dream different though...memories. This trip will not fade away into something that is barely tangible as I continue through my life. It may seem far away now that I am sleeping in my own bed and well, talking in English again, but this experience is something that has been such a big part of my life that it will continue to structure the rest of my life which is yet to come.
I referred to this trip in a previous entry as a "chapter of my life". This chapter may have come to a close but it has been such an integral part of the story of my life that I know I will never forget it.
One day I will travel back to the Land Of The Rising Sun but for now all I can do is thank all of you who made that trip as amazing as it was. I love traveling, I love Japan, and I love all of you. ほんとうに ありがとうございます!

4 comments:

  1. We are glad that you went on your journey and glad you are home safely, and are also grateful to all who helped you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to use this blog now that you're home? You should, because the name is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for writing this blog. I know I haven't commented before, but I was linked to the blog through OGSHS's site, and while I was too shy to comment, I liked hearing about your impressions as a foreigner going to high school in Japan! They were very enlightening and always interesting to read.

    So, こちらこそ、ほんとうにありがとうございました!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow nina!
    I am so happy that you liked my blog! I had such a great time in Japan and I had hoped that I could convey that through my blog!

    thanks for reading!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete