Friday, July 2, 2010

Special Class Schedules for the Special Exchange Students

Right now there are two girls from Australia attending my school as "real" exchange students. I am in fact just a tourist visitor and cannot be defined as an "exchange student" but Takii tries to make my trip as close to an exchange program as possible.
Before Mel and Kiera came I attended classes like a normal student. Just the usual run-of-the mill Japanese classes.
However, these girls get a special schedule set up for them. They go only to English and Oral communications and various other fun classes such as Calligraphy or cooking. When they aren't going to classes they get to play on facebook or do homework in the International Room. Now that they are here I get to join them for many of these classes. Although I don't have "spares" (free periods) it livens up my schedule and, needless to say, makes school a lot more fun! We go together to Calligraphy, Japanese Culture, Cooking, various English classes, Japanese class (which takes place off campus and I will explain more about that another time), and sometimes we just watch a Japanese movie together. It is great fun! I have become very good friends with Mel, in fact, I jokingly refer to her as my Aussie twin for it is almost scary how alike our personalities are. I will be very sad to see them go back to Australia but I am definitely glad I got to meet them in the first place.

Today's cooking class creations. The ugly ones are mine ;)


Shodo class (Calligraphy)! In case you are wondering, in this picture I was making the ink I used to practice.


Melanie, Myself, and Kiera at the ATMs in the post office. We stopped by on our way back from our Japanese class.


Japanese Culture class!


Me and "my aussie twin" (also taken during Japanese Culture class)

5 comments:

  1. I hope we get to go to Australia sometime and meet your Aussie twin. :-) She must be awesome. :-) I love the kimono pictures. And your cupcakes are not ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah well, obviously they are cuz those aren't cupcakes. lol

    that is rice with egg and ground meat
    the face is made of ham and cheese.
    also, i didn't make all of those just the ones with the weird looking faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bahaha rice cupcakes....mmmmm.....My American twin's 'rice cupcake' was soooo good!

    Awww thanks....I think I'm awesome too!!! lol...and you should come to Australia!! ITS AWESOME!!...well...everywhere I go is!!! hahahahahah...mostly true though!

    Sarah...I really like the 2 last photos!!!...send them to me please!!

    ...I i dont always just muck around in those free periods...I actually sometimes do homework or other things...lately Ive actually been going to extra classes!!

    Your blog is really good....I think I should update mine!!! I will hopefully do that today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaww I love you mel!
    lol, and I know you don't just play on facebook in your free period. I just put that up there because that is what I would do if I had spares. lol.

    ReplyDelete