Thursday, April 29, 2010

food









All my meals in this house look like they came from a gourmet 5 star restaurant! The Japanese tradition of sitting down to eat together for every meal is so nice. We eat breakfast and dinner as a family and if there is no school then we eat lunch together as well.
Meals are perfectly balanced and the proportions are perfect. There is no "left-over day" because Shizumi makes just enough for one day. Here are pictures of my meals from the last 2 days.

1st picture: Tuesday's Dinner
2nd picture: Wednesday's breakfast
3rd Picture: Wendesday bento
4th picture: wednesday dinner (gyouza)

The last few pictures are actually of me making Gyouza for the first time though. Shizumi taught me how!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I'm so excited for you to teach me to make Gyoza! :-) And I love the tradition of sitting down together. We need to start doing that. While you are gone, I am going to get chairs for the table so we can. :-) We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bentos look sooo yummy! Lucky you, Sarah. It looks like you're soaking it in, loving every minute. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete