Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Random Pictures and Random Stories





Calligraphy was the first class I experienced at Mishima. The teacher speaks very little English but we were able to get by. That class is my favorite one though. I started with a very basic lesson but after a little the teacher asked me which character was my favorite. When I answered "ai" (love) which is the very first character that came to mind the 3 girls around me gasped and then started laughing because apparently ai is a very difficult character. So I chose a different one, however, about 10 minutes later the teacher looked through all my practice tries of the easier character she suddenly decided to let me try "Ai". These are my final 2 practices of the character and the teacher seemed so pleased that she had me show them to the entire class and proclaimed to everyone that this is my first time learning calligraphy.

The second and third pictures were taken today during lunch hour. The 2nd is simply a picture of me with some of the new friends I have made and the 3rd will probably make no sense to you even when I tell you that it is supposed to be an O-Bento. One of the girls put it together and for some reason, that was the funniest thing in the world to us. we laughed about it for a long time :P

7 comments:

  1. My love( AI = 愛)~
    You did such a great job, I'm so impressed and mostly really happy for you, you look so happy and GORGEOUS out there ~ MUAHHH XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, this is funny, I saw a man at work with AI tattoed on his forearm, and I wondered if he really knew what it meant, or just thought it looked cool. The calligraphy looks really good, and that fake bento looks better than my real bento.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your posts! It makes me feel so much better to see you in pictures and read about your day. Your artistic talents I am sure came in handy in that Calligraphy class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah! Merit misses you. Everyone in Theater 2 was a little mopey today.
    Learn how to write "Theater" for me, will ya? I'd love to hang that on the stage.
    I've read all your posts and I think you are amazing for jumping right into a new culture like that. Keep it up Sarah! (And beware of those high tech toilets... I don't trust them.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. diva_bills is Mrs. Smith, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahah yeah i guessed as much Mrs. Smith ;) lol

    and Sydney, I have been taking pictures of all my meals and tonight i will upload the pictures from the last two days. My bentos are always SO cute! even my friends are always amazed by how nice my bento looks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your calligraphy looks great too! But I'm an American... :)

    ReplyDelete