Friday, June 4, 2010

gaijinzilla's alter-ego: UNIFORMzilla!




Every morning I wake up and I am saved the effort of trying to put together some sort of outfit that doesn't look horrendous by having my clothing dictated to me in the form of a school uniform.

I don my pleated skirt and collared shirt and try to convince myself that I am a real Japanese school girl. However, this facade doesn't really last when I actually get to school. No matter how similar the uniform is a gaijin is still a gaijin. In fact I probably get more stares in a uniform than I did in casual dress. I guess I can understand though, it would be like seeing Godzilla waltzing around in a sundress. I would stare too.

It is hard for me to understand other's conversations but I do know enough to understand that when I hear "gaijin" and "seifuku" (uniform) in the same sentence it is safe to assume that they are talking about me. Now, I get the opportunity to make this assumption all the time!

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful in your uniform. Stop saying bad things about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't. I like my uniform ^^

    ReplyDelete