Monday, May 31, 2010

Aisatsu: A Farewell to Mishima

Dear Mishima High,
Well, we had our month together and it was wonderful. We made many good memories that I will remember for the rest of my life. Now I am turning the page to a different chapter in my life.

I am very glad that I got to experience Mishima High school. My first day of school was terrifying but you all welcomed me with open arms. I improved my Japanese a bit during that short time period but I still had a hard time understanding when I left (Which is code for, I absolutely had no idea what was going on most of the time). I didn't talk much because I didn't know how to say what I wanted to and I wasn't exactly the flamboyant outgoing person I am when I actually speak the language. In fact, I don't think I have been that quiet of a person since I was born.
I appreciated everyone who had the courage to come and say hello and I felt so bad when it took me so long to learn names. All you boys seemed to shy to really talk to me much but those of you who did were highly appreciated and all the girls who surrounded my chair on my first day of school and continually tried to communicate with the gaijin even though we all know it is difficult made my stay at Mishima even better.

I will miss you all but as we know, I am not leaving Japan till July 22nd. I hope to receive emails from every one of you (yes, this includes you boys too). Maybe, just maybe, yesterday will not be the last time I see you. ;)

sincerely,
the gaijin






2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you were welcomed so warmly! The gaijin's mother thanks everyone too. We prayed every day that you would be safe, healthy, and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gaijin's father thanks everyone too, for being kind and welcoming. Looks like a fun place and delicious place :) Peace!

    ReplyDelete