Thursday, May 27, 2010

QUIET! Testing in progress.

Mishima just finished quarterly testing on Wednesday. Let me just say this, as a gaijin these 4 days were lovely! As a student who actually has to take, and pass, these tests, it must be hell on earth.

My days played out nicely during this week: wake up, go to school, sit in the library and listen to music for 3 hours, go home and play for the rest of the day. It was perfectly relaxing and a well needed break. I just count my lucky stars that I don't have to take those tests otherwise my schedule would be completely different. If Airi is any indication my day would probably be as follows: wake up 2 hours early, study, go to school, spend 3 hours wracking my tired brain for the answer to each grueling question, go home, study, eat lunch, study, eat dinner, study, take a shower, study go to bed as late as humanly possible probably still studying even in my dreams. At least I get a good 3 hours break from studying in there. Then again, does bedtime count as a "break"?

So there you have it, testing week. Or should I say Satan's days? I must say, my hat is off to all the superhuman students who attend, and pass, a Japanese high school. I guess there is a reason all Americans assume that if you are Japanese you must be a genius...it's probably true.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, poor Airi! That sounds grueling! I do think that we could expect more from our students here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the biggest reason why I was happy to go to an American school... and yea, it's not that they are intrinsically smarter. They have just learned how to work hard and be diligent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I am so glad that I go to American school, pretty much just because I am lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch...I'm so glad I'm headed to college in America...

    ReplyDelete