Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Looks Tasty!






Japanese food always looks very tasty. They are much more conscious of the physical characteristics as well as the taste so everything must LOOK just as good as it tastes. However, sometimes you have to be careful because not only are they good at making real food look delicious but they have a strange obsession with making FAKE food just as tasty looking!

Japanese souvenir shops have some strange obsession with inedible but extremely tasty looking food! I have seen food magnets, food erasers, food coin-purses, candy that looks like sushi, and pointless imitations of food which have absolutely no use! The freakiest part about this is that they are so very good at making this food look real. Many of the things I run into look quite edible and in fact, extremely delicious. I guess the shop owners just love laughing at my dismay when I realize that bento is not even real. *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. :-) I love your pictures. My favorite pick has your converse in it. :-) I sure miss seeing those shoes in my living room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your nails!!!! they just made my day

    ReplyDelete
  3. not mine actually. Those are my host mom's nails. lol. mine are the picture directly below it with the nail chewed down to nothing ;) lol

    ReplyDelete