Thursday, May 13, 2010

Gaijinzilla, It's a sickness!

So, I started this blog mainly for my family back home and the Japanese class but turns out, a lot more people are interested than I thought. Not only do the majority of my teachers follow this blog but Mishima high school has asked permission to link my blog to their website as well as Osaka Girl's Senior High School (which was the exchange program I did not get accepted to). My homeroom teacher printed my last post about the Ensoku and read it to the entire class during homeroom today.
This was mildly embarrassing because of my light mocking of the boys in our group but I don't mind. Everyone who knows me knows I love to be the center of attention so this was fine by me.

I have also been asked to tell the class everyday something new I learned about Japan. Whether it be a name, a new vocab word, or just an interesting cultural note it doesn't matter.

So there ya go. The "Gaijinzilla" has spread! It must be a sickness because everyone seems infected by it.

5 comments:

  1. It is not a sickness. :-) We just love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is infectious, hard to stop reading! Very interesting and well written. Proud of you Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks dad :) I am glad it is entertaining. i certainly have fun writing these posts, it makes me happy to know you all have fun reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We really do. Keep it up! I'll probably have my students read it next year even, after the fact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha wow. poor students!!
    lol

    ReplyDelete